Time to register interest for New Frontiers Programme
18 July 2023 By Anne Marie McLaughlin
With a lot of entrepreneur-focused programmes out there, it may be daunting to determine what each programme offers and what is right for you.
New Frontiers lays out below the modules its participants will have access to over nine evenings, the first of which being 1-hour introductory session, with the remaining sessions running from 6.30pm – 9.30pm on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. [Dates to be confirmed.]
Find out more and register your interest here https://www.newfrontiersnw.ie/about/programme-schedule/
Module 1: Who wants to be an Entrepreneur & Introductions?
- What is the business proposition – Elevator pitches?
- What is the background to the idea and what motivates the promoter?
- What are entrepreneurial skills and do I have them? Gap analysis.
- What are the challenges of self employment?
- Building a business - The team/advisors and board members? How can they help?
Module 2: Market Research & Reality Check
- Is there a Market for your new technology, product or service?
- Steps involved in Market Research
- Is there export potential?
- Size of potential customer base?
- How to research – sources and techniques.
- What research has been done to date?
- What is the value proposition?
- Who would buy and why?
- What problem is it solving?
- Is someone doing this already?
Module 3: Defining the USP, target customers & acquisition, the competitive landscape.
- What is the business model?
- What is your unique selling point (USP)?
- Who are the target customers? How many can I potentially sell to?
- Who are the competitors? What are you doing differently? Why is it better than competitors?
Module 4: Selling & Pitching Skills – the Basics
- The importance of influencing people and making sales.
- Selling to customers vs Pitching to investors / funders
- Sales styles and how to vary your style for different customers.
- How to prepare a pitch (include examples)
Module 5: LEAN Canvas & Business Planning
- Why you need a business plan
- LEAN Canvas
- The essential elements of a Business Plan e.g executive summary, marketing plan, financials, operations and management plan
Module 6: Financials
- Financial Models – bootstrapping v external funding
- Sources of funding
- Costing, Pricing & Breakeven Analysis basics
- What documents you need – for you, investors, bank
Module 7: Facilitated Q&A with successful entrepreneurs
- A facilitated Q&A session with 2 – 3 experienced entrepreneurs
Module 8: Pitching practice / applying for phase 2
- Pitching practice – each participant presents their proposal
- Applying for Phase 2 – what is the important information required for the application form?
- Setting expectations for Phase 2
ii celebrates Inishowen's Youth Entrepreneur winners!
22 Sep 2023
Donegal Local Enterprise Office SYOB - Sign up for October
04 Sep 2023